It has become an absolute fashion for the majority to complain about events that happen to them .People now find it normal to complain about what is happening to them rather than to adapt or embrace it. Every single time we complain about something we directly admit that we are helpless and that thing controls us , and we are also getting ourselves sold on why life is not worth living , rather than why it is worth living . The side effects of this “normal” habit are that instead of focusing on opportunities you are focusing on non-opportunities therefore you are shackling yourself.
Do you find yourself doing that just to get along the people you surround yourself?
If the answer is yes than you are sabotaging yourself and you should stop doing that.
There are many levels of complainers or we can also say negative people. Depending on how much control you assume over your life and what you focus on , you will find yourself on a scale somewhere between very negative to very positive .
Few things which play an important role in being negative:
- Media (the media is controlling the population by feeding us reasons to be scared for , making us predisposed to receive negativity )
- Perhaps a big part of your life on how you views things that were happening to you because you might have thought it was normal or enough
- The people we surround yourself with, the ones we know they are being negative and we just continue to listen to them.
- Focusing on non-opportunities
Depending on how deeply embedded your mind is onto focusing on the negative you can turn it around by working hard for that.
My positivity battle plan consists of (these activities must be executed daily):
- 20-30 min Abundance meditation daily
- 5 min Apps like Mood-mint to help you program your focus.
- Achievement Journal ( Write down 10 productive things you have done every day )
- Gratitude Journal ( Write 10 things you are grateful for every day )
For the absolute killers you can go for Positivity challenge. The challenge is to complete a full day of being nothing but positive. Every single time you view things negatively you reset the clock.
Bare in mind , researchers say it takes 66 days to form a habit so you know how much you need to do it to notice differences .